In response to The Daily Post’s writing prompt: “Simply the Best.”
NASA is building a new Voyager spacecraft that will carry the best of modern human culture. What belongs onboard?
The following link provides information about the current Voyager 1 & 2 interstellar mission carrying a data time capsule. It has been over twenty-five years since their launch and the last reported contact was February of this year. Click the link for more information.
My definition of what is “ The Best of Modern Human Culture?” Will cover all of humanity as an update to what was sent in 1997. Although, I live in America, my top ten picks are as follows.
- The invention of electricity and its cultural imprint on society and culture.
- The invention of the telephone and its cultural imprint on society and culture.
- The cultural impact of World Wars one and two.
- The cultural aspects of the Civil Rights Movement in America, England, India and the end to Apartheid in South Africa.
- The cultural impacts with the “Fall of the Berlin Wall.”
- The invention of the World Wide Web, and the use of personal computers and its cultural impact.
- The cultural fascination with space exploration in respect to the entertainment industries.
- The cultural music of the past one hundred years.
- The cultural transportation revolution beginning with Trains, Cars and Planes.
- 10) The cultural migrations of people, along with the cultural shift in how a modern society is learning to tolerate.
As the person in charge of collecting “the best of modern human culture” I will not include any reality television shows.